Networker

[Networker] Service Ports

2003-11-24 09:04:51
Subject: [Networker] Service Ports
From: Arun Sondhi <asondhi AT RA.ROCKWELL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:51:19 -0600
What is the formula, thumbrule for number of service ports needed in
Legato 6.1.3? We use DDS with four storage nodes, and want to add another
storage node not using DDS. We are frequently getting "socket cannot bind
errors". I have seen using netstat that at one time that the server failed
there were over 30,000 sockets in TIME_WAIT state with source and
destination addresses of localhost.

Current we have Service ports in range from 7937 - 9936 and connection
ports 10000 - 35000.

What is also seen that when the RPC errors start happening the Domino 6
servers start failing, not just backup but Notes Server stops responding
to the notes client requests. Leading us to believe that this is a related
issue.

Sincerely,

Arun Sondhi
CCNP,CCDP