Networker

[Networker] AW: [Networker] Saveset Recovery from Include files

2003-11-18 10:00:56
Subject: [Networker] AW: [Networker] Saveset Recovery from Include files
From: Hrvoje Crvelin <Hcrvelin AT ORCHESTRA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:00:48 +0100
I'm araid I do not understand your problem.  When you run
"save -I file_with_include_list" from command line you will
backup only files/directories listed there.  Just did that for
a test and in my case it said 188Mb were saved.  That's
exactly how big it is what I wanted to be saved/listed.

Next, the index for such save has to be generated.

Now, if I understand correctly, your target to be saved
were index files, right?  OK, now I tried that too.  I can
see it in my index (nsrinfo output is LIFO typo).

When I do mminfo -av -r ssid,name I can see name to be
what I listed to be backed up include_file (in my case one
index directory).

recover run in a way you described runs as well and and I
can see file restored to -d destination point as expected.

I do not understand what you mean by "However when i
attempt to recover this data ( with saveset recovery).The GUI
shows the progress of the read till 12 GB however only the
include file is restored in its original location and the actual data
is nevere restored."  Could you describe this please?

Cheers,
.c