Networker

Re: [Networker] How do I move legato server from windows to solaris ?? - PART2

2003-11-14 17:36:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] How do I move legato server from windows to solaris ?? - PART2
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:58:07 +0000
Evan Gold wrote:

Hi Gurus, i never got a good answer to the below question.
Can anyone answer this?

original question:
I'm running legato7 server on win2000

I need to move the server to solaris asap

How do I move the indexes, clients, etc ?

I will be connecting my existing jukebox to the new server.

I tried “mmrecov” but it didn't work and complained about the windows index
pathnames being invalid on solaris.

Please help !!!!

I thought the answers you got were quite reasonable. Perhaps the reason
you don't think they were good is because they weren't what you wanted
to hear? The bad news of course is that it can't be done. You can't move
a NetWorker server from Windows to Unix. The start afresh advice was
probably the best. If there are any backups with long retentions that
you need to keep, then scanner is pretty much your only option.