Networker

Re: [Networker] dx30/NW 7.0 config problem

2003-11-12 09:19:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] dx30/NW 7.0 config problem
From: Christian Drexler <CDrexler AT TEE.TOSHIBA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:19:36 +0100
Greg,
you were right, there was an entry missing in lus.conf. After upgrading
to 7.1 and some frantic (pointless) rebooting of the backup server and
Firmware upgrades on the dx30 I have discovered that Legato includes a
shell script lus_add_fp_devs that adds entries for devices attached via
Sun's StorEdge FC HBAs to lus.conf. This seems to be new in 7.x, at
least I could not find it in my printed version of the 6 command
reference. It parses the output of luxadm and offers to reload the lus
kernel module.
Afterwards I could configure the dx30 without any further trouble.

Thanks to all who responded

~christian

--
Christian Drexler               mail: cdrexler AT tee.toshiba DOT de
Systems Administrator           phone: +49 211 5296 322

CONFIDENTIALITY DISCLAIMER

The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
 delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender immediately.

You should not retain, copy or use this email for any purpose outside of any NDA
currently existing between Toshiba Electronics Europe GmbH and yourselves.