Networker

Re: [Networker] rsmow errors

2003-11-06 14:30:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] rsmow errors
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:30:23 -0800

> Make sure the "Removable Storage Manager" on the affected host is not in
> disabled mode.
> Networker client has to interact with it to get the removable storage
> database whether it is operational or not. Having the services in
> disabled mode will prevent Networker client from getting the required
> information.

Thanks.  I'll examine that machine.  I'm not certain exactly what the
RSM is, but the windows admin should.

I take it that a message like this is more normal?

Nov  2 23:11:44 bkp-serv root: [ID 702911 daemon.notice] * ntserv12:SYSTEM DB:\
Removable Storage Database - rsmow: Exported the RSM database.

I ask because I generally look through the logs for '*' items as errors
or warnings.  If this one is normal, I'll have to do something special
to ignore it.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company