Networker

Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] AW: [Networker] W2K / NW 6.1.3: no backup of DFS?

2003-11-06 11:57:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] AW: [Networker] W2K / NW 6.1.3: no backup of DFS?
From: Olaf Zaplinski <o.zaplinski AT BROADNET-MEDIASCAPE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:57:05 +0100
Hi Hrvoje,

Hrvoje Crvelin wrote:
My test was also with win2k German (at that time Sp3).  However, my
machine was not AD.  What kind of restore did you perfomed; auth or non
auth

It was an authoritative restore; I wanted to build an exact copy of our
productive AD for my test lab.

Did you open the case with support?

Can't do that - AFAIK we need a support contract to do so, although Legato
helped me with an Exchange 2000 issue recently.

When I did a backup of SYSTEM FILES I could see it really being backed
up.

Hmm, when doing that test restore I restored SYSTEM FILES, of course, but
Wordpad was still missing. It could be because I cleaned the dllcache
directory with "sfc.exe /purgecache" before backing up to save some space
and backup time.

One thing to check, if you did a restore from GUI you should have a log
from that restore seesion.  I don't remember if system files are listed
ther, but I hope yes.  Check it out.

Will do - as soon as I have time for another test restore.

As for DFS; as you said it says "DFS destination directories'
separately.".  C: is not destination directory here, but c:\foo is.  In
release supplement this is covered AFAIK.

Okay, by "master backup admin" Frank configured everything properly, so we
have a DFS backup now. (I am working as "backup backup admin" occasionally).

And now, time to go home ;)

Agreed! ;-)

p.s. If it really doesn't work for you, could be either: a) something
done wrong b) Legato c) Microsoft

I strongly suggest to open an indicent case with your support to clear
this.  Reproductiion of that should not take too much.

I will check that within the next few weeks. I think the days just between
Xmas are the perfect time to check that.

Cheers,
Olaf