Networker

Re: [Networker] legato "staging" info

2003-10-28 05:14:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] legato "staging" info
From: Riaan Louwrens <riaanl AT SOURCECONSULTING.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:26:37 +0200
At first glance one would think this a good idea - but - we have found that
the adv_file type device just "pauses" when it runs out of space (we have a
nexsan box which I chopped into numerous volumes).

So it shot our idea of having multiple disk devices apart a bit.

I am now back to using "one" device - with parallelism (we get the same
effective througput) on one LARGE filesystem (we do have another device
which we use for monthly backups).

So in essence - we dont stage (to difficult & cumbersome to implement) - we
will clone and then run scripts to delete the old savesets (which we havent
got yet).. (See earlier reply from Shawn Cox on the same topic). T'would be
nice if Shawn shared the scripts <hint hint>.

Regards,

Riaan