Networker

[Networker] Procedure for recoving a crashed disk

2003-10-22 09:52:33
Subject: [Networker] Procedure for recoving a crashed disk
From: "Novello, Guy" <GNovello AT PHCS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:51:59 -0400
Greetings,

I have been asked to verify the process of recovering a failed disk.
Supposed we do a full backup on Sunday, and incrs on Monday and Tuesday.
On Wednesday, the disk fails.

I would think that during the recover, setting the browse time for Wendesday,
Networker would take what it needed from the full and the 2 incs. However,
the question was asked about what happens if a unwanted file was deleted
on Sunday after the full. Is there a way Newtworker would know that the
file was delete and recovery is not wanted?

Thanks in advance.

Guy Novello