Networker

Re: [Networker] Staging

2003-10-16 08:09:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Staging
From: Kenneth Larsen <Kenneth.Larsen AT STERIA DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:09:44 +0200
You can only stage complete savesets, so if your client takes 250GB space
you need at least that on your staging device.

I use a similar setup for my backups but I only send the incrementals to
the disk device due to disk space. The full backups goes directly to tape.
After the incremental is done I save the indexs directly to tape with
script, the script should be in the archives....

It has been my experience that the disk device should be able to hold at
least two days of backups or Networker will often make a mess of it
leaving devices ½ full, even though there are no save sets on them...

On another of my servers I run a script every day to stage all save sets
and re-label the disk device.... Again due to to little diskspace for more
than one day worth of backups.

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Kenneth Larsen
Steria
Tonsbakken 16-18
2740 Skovlunde
kel AT steria DOT dk - 44506261 - 26306261

Librado Pamintuan <LPAMINTU AT REGINA DOT CA>
Sent by: Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
15-10-2003 21:52
Please respond to Legato NetWorker discussion; Please respond to Librado
Pamintuan