Networker

Re: [Networker] Directives and core files

2003-10-15 13:32:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Directives and core files
From: "Shelley L. Shostak" <sls AT QSTECH DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:30:33 -0700
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Howard Martin wrote:

> Subject: Re: [Networker] Directives and core files
>
> One way to reduce wastage with core files ( assuming you don't want to keep
> them ) would be to run a script before backing up that finds files named
> core and then uses the file command to see if they are core files and then
> deletes them.

This is not practical.  Better to set coredumpsize limit in the shell if it is
supported.

But yes, I too have been burned by this "feature", back in Networker 4.X.  I
wish Legato would change the behavior to differentiate between files and
directories.  But then I am still waiting for a clever saveset definition of
"All, except ...".

Shelley