Networker

Re: [Networker] LTO Tapes being marked full prematurely

2003-10-06 17:55:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] LTO Tapes being marked full prematurely
From: Shawn Cox <shawn.cox AT PCCA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 14:05:11 -0500
I ran into this under v7.0 on W2K3 with LTO2 drives.  When I ran jbconfig it
defined my Tape devices as LTO1 when they were in fact LTO2.  In this state
the drives would write about 100MB to each tape and then mark the tape RO.
I had to define the drives manually and then re-run jbconfig telling it to
use my pre-configured Tape Devices.

I've also seen mention that this sort of problem can be due to SCSI bus
overruns and resets.

--Shawn