Networker

Re: [Networker] Faster Cloning. By saveset or volume?

2003-09-26 14:30:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Faster Cloning. By saveset or volume?
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:30:02 +0100
Novello, Guy wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I seem to remember a discussion over which was the faster way to clone. I am
currently
using the ssid, but I am thinking it may be faster cloning the volumes.

There is no such thing as cloning by volume. All cloning is done by
SSID. When you clone a volume all you are doing is cloning a list of
save sets. If you specify multiple save sets in an nsrclone command it
may be quicker than calling the nsrclone command for each save set,
since NetWorker will order the clones optimally. So the answer is: It
depends. If what you want to clone is not the same as a whole volume,
just specify the list of SSIDs in a single nsrclone command and that
will be the quickest way for sure.