Networker

Re: [Networker]

2003-09-25 07:27:15
Subject: Re: [Networker]
From: Hrvoje Crvelin <hcrvelin AT ORCHESTRA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:31:45 +0200
Hi,

Do You see this message also in event viewer?
Also, try to ping broadcast address from Your backup server.

I'm not sure how in v6 NetWorker was building the list of clients and
servers
in GUI, but it could be that it is using broadcast address and then
making
queries to those who respond.  But that's just wild wild wild guess.
Some
networks simply do not allow ping of broadcast address and if
application is
using that one I would expect error like that.  But I would not expect
any
kind of problems related to backup and recovery.

Cheers,
.c