Networker

[Networker] netware directives

2003-09-24 16:16:45
Subject: [Networker] netware directives
From: David Gold-news <dave2 AT CAMCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:53:50 -0400
Brendan,

When you say the netware client is so old, what version are you using?

The NetWare client (I'll assume version 4.2 or 4.21, but older revs are
pretty much the same) has some technical differences in how it locates
files, and that effects what directives work and what don't.

The syntax for the directives are somewhat different than those used on
Unix or Windows, or at least are a bit more particular.

The following one is one that will skip print queues.

<< "SYS:SYSTEM" >>
        +skip: "Q_*.SRV"
        +skip: "Q_*.SYS"

Note that it contains the volume and has quotes around the argument to the
skip directive.

The one you noted was:

<< "user:\Group" >>
+nullasm: Aav_hsb

Just update that to:
<< "SYS:USER:\Group" >>
     +skip: "Aav_hsb"

If Aav_hsb is a directory, you might need to modify this slightly. Just
make sure to use the quotes, and fully qualify the volume. (User may be the
volume, in which case dump the SYS:, of course!)

Dave