Networker

Re: [Networker] Question on Index Backup and Expiry

2003-09-19 14:27:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Question on Index Backup and Expiry
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT MEDEC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:46:18 -0400
Kenneth,

That's pretty interesting, your saving the file index literally and not
through the savegrp -O command.  For a restore then (saveset recover),
or browsable recover there should appear versions of the
\program files\nsr\index saveset.

Seems like a good saveset to have around for DR..  the \program
files\nsr\index\backupserver will be no good though because it will be
written to during the save?

For disaster recovering then one could do a :

mmrecov (with latest bootstrap)

nsrck -L 7 -t latest bootstrap -c backup server   (if one has the index
savest..so one can browse)

browse and recover the \program files\nsr\index directory minus the backup
server itself.  The backup server index in this saveset is not good.

So you'll need at least the backup server index saved via savegroup -0.

Robert Maiello
Thomson Healthcare