Networker

[Networker] Need help recovering a piece of a saveset

2003-09-17 10:31:18
Subject: [Networker] Need help recovering a piece of a saveset
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:31:12 -0400
Hi,

I have a specific saveset (/home at 330 GB) that I would like to
recover. Actually, I'm trying to recover several specific pathnames:

/home/dir1/dir2/desired_dir1
/home/dir1/dir2/desired_dir2
/home/dir1/dir2/desired_dir3
/home/dir1/dir2/desired_dir4
/home/dir1/dir2/desired_dir5

under this that add up to maybe 4 MB total. Anyway, the saveset recover
window indicates that /home is contained on 5 tapes. However, when I ran
my saveset recover -- once again, I specified about 5 specific pathnames
within /home -- it read through the first 4 tapes and recovered nothing.
When it got to the last tape, I had to cancel it due to other
non-related problems. I'm convinced that the data I need is located only
on the last tape, and I don't want to have to start over again from
scratch. How can I recover something under /home from just the last
tape? Clearly, I cannot use the saveset recover window because it will
require me to specify the instance and that instance of /home is split
across all 5 tapes.

Is there a command or series of commands I can run that will ask
networker to recover something like /home/dir1/dir2/desired_dir from the
piece of /home that's contained on the last tape only? If not, then is
there a way I can recover just the piece of /home itself that's
contained on the last tape? Seems silly to read through all the other
tapes when the stuff I need is not there.

Thanks.

George.Sinclair AT noaa DOT gov