Networker

Re: [Networker] Clearcase/Clearquest database backup

2003-09-09 11:08:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Clearcase/Clearquest database backup
From: Cyndi Smith <Cyndi.Smith AT ASPENTECH DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:02:24 -0400
We used to do this in version 5 - we had a script that locked each VOB in
turn, backed it up, unlocked it, then proceeded on to the next VOB.
Therefore, each VOB was only locked and inaccessible for as long as it took
to backup itself. We have never been able to get it to work in 6. Therefore,
we now ave a script that executes PRIOR to the scheduled backup time which
locks and copies each VOB to separate disk space and we subsequently back up
the copied VOBs.

It works for us and keeps the VOBs locked for the minimum time.

Cyndi
--
Cyndi Smith
Senior System Support Engineer - Unix