Networker

[Networker] Recover only newer files?

2003-09-02 15:47:26
Subject: [Networker] Recover only newer files?
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT MEDEC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 15:47:23 -0400
We would like a Windows 2000 restore to only restore files if they are newer
than the files that exists already.   This does not seem to fit into the
paradigm of the Legato options of "overwrite" or "rename" conflicting/existing
files on restore.

The closest approximation I see is to do a saveset recover of a later backup
and choose "overwrite"  with the assumption that the files  must be newer if
they are on a later backup.   This should be fine as the restore is from the
same client and we have a full and then a level 9.

I still question though, if we were doing a directed recover and only wanted
to overwrite the file if the one on tape was newer?   Am I missing something
and there is an obvious way to do this?

Robert Maiello
Thomson Healthcare