Networker

Re: [Networker] Summary: Power Edition vs Network Edition

2003-08-20 10:57:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Summary: Power Edition vs Network Edition
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:17:09 -0400
Did we ever establish whether or not Power Edition likewise bypasses the
TCP/IP stack when communicating with the storage node servers? Do they
likewise need to be running Power Edition to enjoy this feature?

Incidentally, we, too, are running 6.1.1, and it identifies our version
as the Power Edition even though we ARE running the Network edition.
This must be a bug in 6.1.1. I've never bothered to worry about it,
though. I think I contacted Legato about this once and they told me to
remove and re-install the licenses, but I never bothered to. Seemed like
too much work for something that isn't causing a problem.

George
George.Sinclair AT noaa DOT gov