Networker

[Networker] New network IP addresses

2003-08-19 18:33:58
Subject: [Networker] New network IP addresses
From: Dave Werth <iim1dfw AT IIM.UPS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:33:36 -0700
Folks,

Our company is in the process of being sold.  Our current IP addressing
space is owned by our former company so we have to change all IP addresses
on our network.  We will be going with the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx generic addressing
and moving from class C to class B DNS zones.

Our Networker server is version 5.5.2 on Windows NT 4.0.  We have 7 other
Windows clients and one Solaris 7 client.  (BTW, we plan to upgrade to
Networker 7 on Win2K but not until after this network change).

I have looked at the eKnowledgebase at the Legato web site and looked in the
list servers archives and other than possible problems with enablers that
may be tied to the IP Address it appears that there should be no problems in
Networker with the IP address changes.

That sounds too easy to me.  So if some of you out there have advice or
anecdotes about this issue I'd appreciate your insights.

Thanks,
Dave

David Werth
UPS Aviation Technologies
(soon to be: Garmin Aviation Technologies)
(formerly: II Morrow)
Salem, Oregon
iim1dfw AT at.ups DOT com <mailto:iim1dfw AT at.ups DOT com>   (Not available
after
Friday, Aug. 22)