Networker

[Networker] Changing client OS from Linux to WinXP broke backups

2003-08-19 11:13:22
Subject: [Networker] Changing client OS from Linux to WinXP broke backups
From: Randy Manchester <rnm AT WHOI DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:12:34 -0400
Hello,

I have a client that was running Linux and backing up sucessfully for
several months. Two weeks ago the owner wiped the system disk and
installed WinXP and the Win32_x86 client (version 7.0).

Watching nwadmin, her system seems to back up, I see several hundred MB
backed up for SYSTEM FILES and C drive, but I keep getting failure
notices.

I've tried deleting the client and re-adding it (I noticed it used the
same client-id after adding it back in).

Any way to get more verbose error messages? All I see is that it failed
and retried once. No explanation of what caused the failure.

My environment: Networker 7 (upgraded from 6.1.3 last week, but problem
predates the upgrade), running on Solaris 8 server. Client is running
version 7 client.

Thanks!
Randy