Networker

Re: [Networker] Differing retention policies for different savese ts within a single client?

2003-08-13 14:00:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Differing retention policies for different savese ts within a single client?
From: Craig Ruefenacht <Craig.Ruefenacht AT US.USANA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:58:10 -0600
Hi,

One method for accomplishing this would be to create two groups and two
instances of your client.  In one instance of your client, make it a part of
one of the groups, set the retention to one month, and in the saveset list,
list the drives and data you want kept around for a month.  In the second
client instance, make it a part of the other group, set the retention to the
much longer retention, and in the saveset list, list the drives and data you
want kept around for a while.

In the pool setup, you tell Networker to send one group to a pool and the
second group to a different pool.

You then simply schedule the groups to run whenever you want.  I am not
sure, though, whether both groups can be running at the same time, i.e., I
am not sure if Networker will allow you to be running two groups
concurrently that both perform backups of a single client, albeit different
savesets.

Craig Ruefenacht
UNIX Systems Administrator
USANA Health Sciences, Inc.