Networker

Re: [Networker] setting block size

2003-08-08 11:19:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] setting block size
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:19:12 -0400
Jose,

Please let me know what you find out about setting the Windows box to a higher
block size.  Based on what I found in the admin guide and the knowledge base,
I've been assuming that I'd need to reduce the block size on UNIX.  I did find
information about setting the block size in Windows in legato7083.  Does this
notice contain the registry entries you are thinking of?

As far as the "Not enough space" message, there IS data on the tape.  I was
able to successfully recover a file from that full backup.  Also, I don't see
any errors in /var/adm/messages.  The only messages that I see are:

server root: [ID 702911 daemon.notice] NetWorker media: (notice) setting (8mm
AIT-3) block size to (128 KB)

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Teresa