Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.0 installation issue

2003-08-07 11:31:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.0 installation issue
From: "Voetelink D." <voetelink AT ECN DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 17:31:15 +0200
Herrmann, Dave wrote:

I also discovered 7.0 enforces licensing differently and got bit on having
too few Oracle and SQL models. That was my fault for not understanding the
licensing better and having the proper number to begin with. As it was
explained to me 6.x & earlier didn't have a way of matching the modules to
hosts to correctly determine if you had a module for every host you backup.
7.0 does, and I quickly learned where my deficiencies were!

Ouch, sounds creepy.
Is there a way to check this before doing the upgrade to 7?
I had some communication with legato and this list, and I couldn't get
a straight answer about some licensing issues... But is worked, so I
was satisfied... So before I upgrade to 7 I would like to find out if we
have enough licenses....

greetings,

Dennis Voetelink

D. Voetelink
UNIX Systems Administrator

Energy research Centre of the Netherlands
Facilities Department - Automation Services

Petten, Netherlands

e-mail : voetelink AT ecn DOT nl
phone  : (+31) 224 564738