Networker

[Networker] Rebuild a corrupt backup from tape?

2003-08-05 14:26:17
Subject: [Networker] Rebuild a corrupt backup from tape?
From: "Robert L. Harris" <Robert.L.Harris AT RDLG DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:16:11 -0400
  In our environment we store backups to local file devices for 9 weeks
which encompases 2 fulls.  As soon as Fulls are run they are cloned to
tape.

  It would seem that one of our local "file" device copies is corrupt.
The clone on tape is fine (evidenced by a recovery from said media).  Is
there a nice, clean way to tell legato to replace the file device with
the one from tape?  We have 5 weeks until the Full is retired.

Robert

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
  Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
    Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.