Networker

Re: [Networker] Too many tape mounts

2003-08-01 11:21:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Too many tape mounts
From: "Tarjei T. Jensen" <Tarjei.Jensen AT AKERKVAERNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:20:11 +0100
Stan Horwitz wrote:
> Thanks. Are there any suggestions on a more powerful Sun
> system than the E450 for backing approx 120 clients
> (including four NDMP with SnapImage)?

I'm bigoted, so my first choice would be an SGI Origin 350 with 4 700MHz
CPUs with an PCI-X module. If I could get faster CPUs, I would. If I expect
that I never will go beyond 4 CPUs, then a tezro in a rack mount will do.

If you are a sun shop you should probably be thinking of a SunFire V480 and
up. Which one depends on CPU speed and number of expansion slots. You should
perhaps go for a system which backs up to disk and then clones to tape (that
is what we are planning for the time being).

greetings,