Networker

Re: [Networker] Getting status of an NDMP recovery

2003-07-28 18:09:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Getting status of an NDMP recovery
From: "Shelley L. Shostak" <sls AT QSTECH DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:09:06 -0700
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Terry Lemons wrote:

> Subject: Re: [Networker] Getting status of an NDMP recovery
>
> Hi Stan
>
> I'm ASSuming that the restore will proceed file-by-file; if so, you should
> be able to look at your recovery Mirapoint box, and see which files have
> been restored.  In addition, some NAS products may support levels of logging
> that would allow you to see which files had been restored.
>
> Hope this helps.
> tl

I thought about this too, but then again restoring 99% of the files does not
guarantee that you have completed 99% of the bytes restored if that last 1% of
the files accounts for 99% of the space.

I will also ASSume that networker is running some command on the Mirapoint box
that is doing the restore, just as it does with NetApp.  Do a ps while doing a
restore and then try to find out the syntax of the Mirapoint command.  See if
the command has a verbose option.  If it does, you should be able to invoke
the command from the command line on your NW server.

Shelley

--
    Shelley L. Shostak, PhD                     sls AT qstech DOT com
    Voice: (408) 574-3389