Networker

Re: [Networker] Limit on the number of groups you can have? NW7

2003-07-25 10:53:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Limit on the number of groups you can have? NW7
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <thierry.faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:52:52 +0200
Jim,

You always need to have all clients you want to backup to be known.
What's NOT needed is to have each client into an active group.

Best is maybe to define your clients once and fill all OpSys
related SS (like C:\, system state/db/files:\) and let them
to be backuped by an active group and then play with your
manual saves as you want for what's data related.

You can also use the same client initiated backups with clusters.
In that case, define the virtual node as a normal client and do
not put it into an active group. Client initiated saves must in that
case be called with the '-c' option followed by the virtual client name.

Using such client initiated saves is far easier when the BCV are not
"mounted" on the backup server, the savegrp being always launched on
the backup server. Using CIB, you open your environment.

Have fun 8-)

Thierry

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HPCI - Storage & Server Integration Practice
Tru64 Unix and Legato EBS Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *******    p      *******
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email :    thierry.faidherbe AT hp DOT com
                             Internet : http://www.hp.com/

MOBISTAR SA/NV

SYSTEM Team Charleroi, Mermoz 2 Phone : +32 (0)2  / 745.75.81
Avenue Jean Mermoz, 32          Fax :   +32 (0)2  / 745.89.56
6041 GOSSELIES                  Email : tfhaidhe AT mail.mobistar DOT be
BELGIUM                         Web :   http://www.mobistar.be/