Networker

Re: [Networker] backing up a windows 2003 server with active dire ctory

2003-07-25 02:24:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] backing up a windows 2003 server with active dire ctory
From: Sumash Singh <ssingh AT STORTECH.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:24:48 +0200
Hi Viks

My 20c worth!

Why not install an eval NetWorker7 server on Windows. Create a filetype device.
Then create a client for the Windows 2003 server that you are concerned about.
Choose an insignificant directory for backup purposes, perhaps your own home
directory. Then try some sample backups.

This way, you have a server which is ver7 and a client which is ver7.

Try this, it won't take long to prove or disprove this issue.

Regards

Sumash