Networker

[Networker] Fw: Summary: multiple save sets on netware

2003-07-24 22:07:49
Subject: [Networker] Fw: Summary: multiple save sets on netware
From: Brendan Sandes <Brendan.Sandes AT DSE.VIC.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:07:40 +1000
Hi all.

A quick summary.
I replaced the skip command with null in my directive and what I got was

* server:USER: : ignoring unknown ASM name `null' in server backup
directives
* server:USER: : ignoring unknown ASM name `null' in server backup
directives
* server:USER: : ignoring unknown ASM name `null' in server backup
directives
* server:USER: : ignoring unknown ASM name `null' in server backup
directives

(I've replaced the name of the server with "server") I then had another
read of the manual and tried putting the asm between the null and the
colon and the problem went away

The nullasm directive is only supposed to be in there for backwards
compatibility though. I suppose I'll log a bug report once things get a
little less busy.  For the moment though it seems to be working.

Cheers!

Brendan

Andrew.McGeorge AT asbbank.co DOT nz
18/07/2003 03:11 PM

NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU, Brendan.Sandes AT dse.vic.gov DOT au
cc

Subject
RE: [Networker] multiple save sets on netware

Brendan,

Change your directive to use the "null" asm instead of skip. This will fix
that problem for the future.
To get past the existing problem use the "recover" CLI utility instead of
the GUI.
Specify your entire path and you will have no problems.

e.g.

Directory backed up = G:\example\dir

You will not be able to do the following:

cd G:\example
cd dir

You will be able to do:

cd G:\example\dir