Networker

Re: [Networker] Microsoft's support position for tape/disk traffi c on same fibre HBA

2003-07-23 18:05:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Microsoft's support position for tape/disk traffi c on same fibre HBA
From: Mark Bradshaw <notthehoople AT BTOPENWORLD DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:05:55 -0400
Hi Ernie,

Thanks for the reply. I'm well aware of why you shouldn't do it and all
the various pitfalls that present themselves on a range of platforms!

The reason I ask is from the point-of-view of proving to others who can't
see the light! For example, I have one case here where a new Windows SAN
is being implemented, the local Microsoft guy is saying "I guess it's ok
to share disk and tape" so I'm totally undermined as to getting the proper
solution in place. I'd love to be able to back up what I'm saying with a
Microsoft statement but can't find one!

Cheers

Mark