Networker

Re: [Networker] No such file or directory during directed recovery

2003-07-23 10:39:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] No such file or directory during directed recovery
From: Zoran Dzelajlija <jelly+networker AT MAIL.ISKON DOT HR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:39:08 +0200
On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 11:07:34AM -0400, Peacock, Tom wrote:
> Getting an error when performing a directed recovery with a W2K source, W2K
> target and W2K admin client.  After selecting source, target and files and
> clicking start the recovery process immediately states "No such file or
> directory".  Performing a standard "rename" option without any relocate.
>
> Drawing a blank on this one.  Anyone remember this or have seen this?

Just in case anyone's still interested, I've seen it today, trying to do a
directed recover as above.  Got past that after adding server and client
IP's to C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (and lmhosts for good measure ;-).

However I then stumbled into "can't do directed recovers of SYSTEM save
sets".  I'm trying to transfer a W2K server to new hardware, complete with
all data and applications, so full save set recovers are acceptable.
I'll be trying that next.

Zoran