Networker

Re: [Networker] Clarification: Schedule Overrides - Solaris/Networker 7.0

2003-07-21 02:40:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Clarification: Schedule Overrides - Solaris/Networker 7.0
From: Sumash Singh <ssingh AT STORTECH.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:40:23 +0200
Alrighty

So what you want is to conduct a full backup on every third Tuesday of
every month, run level 5's on every Sunday, and then incrememntals every
other day, right??

Well, for the level 5 and incrementals, that should be no problem. Just
create your schedule, set the periond to weeks and then create the
sundays to backup at level 5. if you do it for one Sunday, then that
level will apply for all Sundays, right!! Make sure that when you set
the level, you DO NOT set override, or else that will only apply for
that one day. Do the same for all incrementals, even for the Tuesdays,
because when you set the override for that 3rd Tuesday it will change
for that day only.

Now for setting the 3rd Tuesday at level full for the rest of eternity,
well at least for as far as the calender can go.

Go to options, and uncheck the box, display schedules as calenders. Now
open the schedule. If you did not create any overrides, the overides
field should be blank. Now you can just "type" the override. Do
something like this.

full third tuesday every month

Make sure you do not insert a new line after typing the above.

Now reset your options to show calenders and go back into the schedule,
and now you should have your 3rd Tuesdy of every month set on an
override to full.

Happy scheduling

SSI