Networker

Re: [Networker] Storage node question

2003-07-14 15:22:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Storage node question
From: Wes Ono <wono AT LEGATO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:22:43 -0700
Craig,

"Storage Node/1" is a storage node license.  The "1" is a license type code,
not a count.

If you see a "Storage Node/1" license listed in your registration screen,
you are licensed to set up another system (other than the NetWorker server)
as a storage node.

While the backup server implicitly has a server, storage node, and client
component, it does not consume a storage node license - that's included in
the server license.  However, the backup server does consume a client
connection.

Hope this helps,

Wes Ono
Legato Systems