Networker

[Networker] writing I/O errors & /nsr/debug/noverify

2003-07-13 23:26:30
Subject: [Networker] writing I/O errors & /nsr/debug/noverify
From: "Paige, Steve" <Steve.Paige AT CHEP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:26:08 -0400
Greetings-

How is Legato NetWorker suppose to handle write I/O errors?   Shouldn't Legato
NetWorker be smart enough to write the file that got a write error elsewhere?
From what we have seen, NetWorker gets a write I/O error, skips that file it
was writing, continues and will complete successfully?   We have proved this by
restoring the system.  Our backup environment was turned over to me and another
admin last month, so maybe something is not configured correctly.  I have sent
a nsrsup up to Legato Tech Support so they could look for, but have not heard
back as yet.

Also, we found a file called /nsr/debug/noverify which the Legato Tech support
told me that this file was causing our problems, but we are still having the
problem after I removed the file!  Can anyone give me a technical detailed
explanation what /nsr/debug/noverify does!  Legato Tech support could not, or
at least they have not returned my notes in the case regarding this.

Thanks
Steve
steve.paige AT chep DOT com

NetWorker 6.1.2