Networker

Re: [Networker] Client Addition bug in 6.1.3

2003-07-11 15:00:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client Addition bug in 6.1.3
From: Joel Fisher <jfisher AT WFUBMC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:00:49 -0400
It wasn't a problem with my environment until upgrading to 6.x.

Not sure why nslookup is considered unreliable when used to query
internal DNS entries.  But I'll verify that getent returns the proper
entries when I have a problem adding my next client.  However, if it was
a DNS issue then it would stop working again once I removed the
/etc/hosts entry from my server, but after that initial backup
everything works perfectly.

Joel