Networker

Re: [Networker] 1 tape/day backup setting.

2003-07-11 04:12:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] 1 tape/day backup setting.
From: Philippe Michel <Philippe.Michel AT THALES-IS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:05:23 +0200
Franklin Sagayno wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Is there any setting in Legato Networker that I can backup data 1 tape per
> day. That is I can set slot1 to be Monday, Slot2 Tuesday, and so on. Is that
> possible for Legato? Currently the setting of our DLT Autoloader is that the
> 5 tapes are used in such a way the current tape should become full first
> before it can use the next tape. Thanks for the help.

You could mark the tape used the previous day as full. Select it with something
like :
mminfo -r volume -q 'sscreate>=-1 day,near,!full,!volrecycle,written>0'
then
nsrjb -u <volume> ; nsrmm -y -o full <volume>

Of course, if you automate this, you must be careful :
- if the tape is in use when the nsrjb/nsrmm run, they will fail and the tape
will remain writable
- if a tape somehow fails during the backups, networker will carry on on
another one, using 2 tapes the same day, and you may be a tape short at the end
of the week.