Networker

[Networker] scanner commands in parallel

2003-07-10 07:11:51
Subject: [Networker] scanner commands in parallel
From: Ciprian Badescu <ciprian.badescu AT ALCATEL DOT RO>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:17:31 +0300
Hi,

We've got on our site 12 cloned tapes made on another NetWorker server,
and we need to restore the data to our NetWorkerserver.

>From what I've read, the steps are to scann all the tapes (using scanner
-i), and after that to restore the saveset on another client using
directed recovery.

But it takes 2 hours to scan a tape (so it will take 3 days just for tapes
scanning and database rebuild) and I'm wondering if I can use more
scanner commands in parallel (we can install more DLT drives), or is there
other (faster) solution.

thanks

--
Ciprian Badescu