Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrjb /nsr/tmp

2003-07-08 11:57:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrjb /nsr/tmp
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:57:17 -0400
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 06:15:06 -0400, Antonio Ettorre
<antonio.ettorre AT ERPTECH DOT IT> wrote:

>    I have a question about nsrjb and in which way this command creates
>lock files in the /nsr/tmp directory. We are using NetWorker 6.1.3 on
>Solaris 8 and I would like to understand this relationship because i have
>some problems with the temporary files, which sometimes  NetWorker doesn't
>erase.
>   We suppose that the existence of this temporary files cause a not
>correct use of our tape library and the devices of this seem to be frozen.
>The only way to reuse the library after that this happen is it's reboot.
>The tape library is a StorageTek L700 with 4 LTO driver (IBM)
>
>Thank's in advance to everyone and I'm sorry for my english!

Don't apologise for that. It's a million times better than my Italian!

Why do you think that these tmp files are causing the problem? I don't
think it matters whether these get erased or not. I think it is more likely
that your "frozen devices" are waiting for one or more nsrjb processes to
complete. If these are hanging because of a hardware error, or because
someone exited them untidily, they may have left some child processes
around, these would need to be killed. This is documented (somewhere...).