Networker

[Networker] Disaster Recovery Testing

2003-07-08 06:12:30
Subject: [Networker] Disaster Recovery Testing
From: "Sebastian, Didy" <DPSebast AT UOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 05:13:09 -0500
All,

Environment:
Windows NT4 Server Service Pack 6
Legato Networker Server 5.5.2

I am currently doing some DR testing and trying to recover a Windows 2000
server which has the Legato 5.7 client installed.  I have done a full backup
of this server.  Within the Networker Client on the server to be recovered,
I select everything to recover and then use Required Volumes to determine
the tapes.  What I have found is that during the restoration of the files, a
message will pop up requesting a different tape.

Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong with my backups.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Didy