Networker

Re: [Networker] Recovery Question

2003-07-03 10:46:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recovery Question
From: Stan Sander <ssande AT SANDIA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 08:45:48 -0600
Franklin Sagayno wrote:

Hello All,

I have a simple question regarding recovery. For example I have a total system
crashed, meaning I have to throw away the damaged Hard Disk and buy a new one
and recover all the data from the tape to the new HDD.
But luckily I still have all the bootstrap information, my question is, can I just simply run the
"Recover" command (console recovery command) and input all the necessary SSID and start
the recovery process? This means I will not use the "scanner" command at all, is this
possible?

Thanks for the information.

Frank Sagayno

Frank,

The command you want to use is mmrecov.  This will prompt you for the
necessary info, SSID, file #, etc from your bootstrap.

--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects
Unix Systems/Server Administrator