Networker

[Networker] AW: [Networker] Complex nsrserverhost upgrade problem.

2003-07-03 10:14:23
Subject: [Networker] AW: [Networker] Complex nsrserverhost upgrade problem.
From: Grohal Klaus <klaus.grohal AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:12:39 +0200
Hi.

1. You can copy them to another maschine if this is an Windows based one,
too.

2. In your case, I would copy the res und mm directory, too. But before you
copy res, index and mm, unmount all your tapes and shutdown the NetWorker
server, so this will give you a consistent save of your bootstrap :-)). Be
shure, that on your new system the port of your drives and the controllports
of your jukeboxes are the same as on NT4 (inquire). Otherwise you have to
edit your drive and jukebox resources manually.

3. nsrck -L7 <client> will rebuild the indices. You should perform a
"savegrp -l full -O <group>" of all your savegroups before upgrade, this
will save all the clients indices only.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Klaus