Networker

Re: [Networker] msrmmdbd error message

2003-07-02 12:09:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] msrmmdbd error message
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:56:34 -0400
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:39:12 -0400, George Sinclair
<George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV> wrote:

>The closest thing I've seen to Invalid argument is with nsrd and is
>caused when NetWorker expects a tape in a given device, but there is no
>tape there. This happens sometimes when NetWorker loses its mind and
>somehow you end up having to eject a tape to clear it, but then when you
>try to inventory a tape or mount a tape, or do anything with the
>affected device, including running nsrjb to move a tape into it,
>NetWorker will first insist on wanting to unload the current volume, and
>if there is no volume in the device, you'll get this error. I've been
>able to circumnavigate the problem by putting a blank tape -- any tape
>-- in the device and then continuing from there.

When a tape has been unloaded by hand we edit media->Jukeboxes Loaded
volumes, Loaded bar codes and Loaded slots and CHANGE (not delete) the
entries corresponding to that tape drive to nothing (ie select the relevant
entry and remove it using the delete or backspace keys then hit change on
the gui). Oh yes this is in the  nwadmin GUI and you need to select view-