Networker

Re: [Networker] Can anyone explain how the save group inactivity time-out works?

2003-06-18 13:00:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can anyone explain how the save group inactivity time-out works?
From: Bokkelkamp Ernst <ernst.bokkelkamp AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:58:48 +0200
The inactivity timer is a watchdog that is reset by activity of the backup
stream.
That means, if you set the activity timer to 10 minutes and it takes 15 minutes
to walk the file system then the timer will fire. But if you receive one block
every 599 seconds then it won't fire.

It is a useless feature and cause of a lot of problems. Just set it to 0 and
you will have less problems.

Bye
Ernie