Networker

Re: [Networker] SAN vs NAS

2003-06-12 16:37:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] SAN vs NAS
From: "Engle, Vic" <ENGLE005 AT ONYX.DCRI.DUKE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:24:46 -0400
John,

We have recommended an e7000 clustered gateway from HP. We are waiting for
management approval and currently have no SAN/NAS. The cluster nodes are
relatively high end dual processor Compaq, quad xeon capable boxes running
Server Appliance Kit from Microsoft and Persistent Storage Management s/w
from Columbia Data Products. The clustered GW with all the s/w lists for
about 50k, I think,  but our edu price was much less. I believe IBM offers a
similar system called a 300G.

http://www.cdp.com/
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/e7000/
http://www.storage.ibm.com/snetwork/nas/300g/