Networker

[Networker] TruCluster slow recover start

2003-06-11 18:19:18
Subject: [Networker] TruCluster slow recover start
From: f_x <f_x AT GMX DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 00:19:04 +0200
Hello,

i have a customer with a 2 node Tru64 5.1B Cluster. On top there is a
Oracle 9.2.0.3 RAC Cluster. The NetWorker Client and Server are version
6.1.3.

The Problem is, that if i use "recover -s nsr-server" it take up to 5
minutes until the prompt appears. The same with nwrecover and RMAN
recover with the 3.5 module. nsrwatch without the server switch has also
a big delay. In the NetWorker server monitor i can see "clusternode1
browsing" right after starting the recover command. The browsing and the
recover work with normal speed.

If i use "recover -s nsr-server -c clusternode1" i get the prompt
without delay. I have tested the dns config, nsrck -L6  and manual +
scheduled backups without problems.

Maybe some of the TruCluster freaks can give me a hint.

Thanks in advance and greetings
f_x