Networker

Re: [Networker] Moving from Solaris to HP/UX

2003-06-05 15:48:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Moving from Solaris to HP/UX
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:48:42 -0400
This has been discussed many times in the past, but the main issue I
recall was one involving moving from a traditional proprietary Unix like
Sun, HP, etc. to something like Linux wherein the architecture switch
could pose a problem for the client indexes. Specifically, Little endian
versus Big endian. If I recall correctly, moving the database itself was
not the issue, but the client indexes could be. If the endians are the
same, it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe someone can correct or further
enlighten me here?

George

PS Blame it on Johnathan Swift!