Networker

Re: [Networker] Where have the binaries gone?

2003-06-05 13:16:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Where have the binaries gone?
From: "Day, David" <david.day AT CENTERPULSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 12:16:37 -0500
>If EMC is the buyer expect great support but, prices through the roof.
>>Isn't Legato being sold?

Rumors of sale have gone on for quite some time.  If Computer Associates
buys them, we will all wish for the old days.  And the prices will go up.
We recently did a competitive bid considering Veritas.  Veritas held their
prices firm but Legato went into discount mode.

Potential buyers that I have heard floated are: Sun, IBM, HP, EMC, Veritas
and Computer Associates.  I personally think EMC would be good for the
company.
David