Networker

[Networker] Problem with group config

2003-06-03 06:56:35
Subject: [Networker] Problem with group config
From: Frank Altpeter <f.altpeter AT BROADNET-MEDIASCAPE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:56:28 +0200
[NetWorker 6.1.3 on Linux]

hi again,

I'm not sure, but it's possible that there is a problem in
networker with the interval configuration in the group config.

I have set up a group 'Staging', that contains several slow systems
to be backed up onto a filesystem device to be staged on tape when
finished. This is to not block tape devices with them.

The group definition is configured to start at 3:00 pm but only every
96:00 hours, so, not every day.

My problem is now, that networker seems to ignore the interval
configuration, because it's starting every day at 3:00 pm.
But this results in errors, because this group's clients need more
than 24 hours to finish.

Any hints on what's causing this?

With kind regards,

        Frank Altpeter