Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.0 and recycling between pools

2003-05-29 20:01:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.0 and recycling between pools
From: "Thomas, Calvin" <calvin.thomas AT NACALOGISTICS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 17:01:09 -0700
Don't know how this relates but my error message was the same as yours....

Running NW7.0 on Tru64 5.1A.
I started a manual clone today (partially as a test) from the file device to
a DLT7000 tape drive. After the clone started, I aborted it.  I then
verified the save set on the clone said aborted.  Then I re-labeled the
tape, and restarted the manual clone.  This time, it said "Suggest manually
relabeling a different tape for pool Offsite Clone".  The Daemon.log said
"Device is inelgible for this operation".  Trouble was the tape it said was
inelgible had just been manually relabeled and it was empty, and it was in
the correct pool.  After I stopped and restarted networker the clone process
then ran correctly.  Sounds like the same bug.

Note: I was testing why the automatic cloneing failed last night in this
pool....

Calvin E. Thomas
UNIX System Administrator
NACA Logistics